Manager of Project Cargo Division
Operations - Project Cargo - ,
Job Type: Full-Time (No Travel Required)
Company: Clutch Global Logistics, Inc.
Work Location: 2625 Butterfield Road Suite 203N Oak Brook, IL 60523
Basic Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the below function.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinate with overseas agents as needed to support Project Cargo shipments.
- Provide input and act as the top company resource on all Project Cargo related questions.
- Develop processes and workflows to ensure higher quality shipping experience for Project Cargo clients.
- Exposure to both Import and Export Opportunities across all modes of transportation.
- Provide pricing/quotes for support of business development opportunities.
- Develop solutions to meet the needs of prospect RFP's and RFQ's.
- Design solutions to resolve client issues and challenges.
- Negotiate contracts with carriers and providers as needed.
- Complete all costing and rating for billing purposes before submitting to the revenue collection department.
- Process and handle shipments from booking through to delivery.
- Strategically select carriers, routings, and schedules to meet customer needs.
- Provide US based customers with shipping options to meet their project’s needs.
- Compliantly transmit AES/SED export customs clearances as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable company processes.
- Be actively engaged with the larger industry.
- Generate and implement ideas to improve the marketability of the Project Cargo division.
- Attend prospect or client meetings as required.
- Collaborate directly with sales team to help secure, retain, and grow accounts.
- Stay abreast of industry developments that will be applicable to your division.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
General Traits Needed for Success:
The ideal candidate will possess and display the below attributes.
- Positive Attitude - Maintains a good outlook toward work, coworkers, and customers; Displays excellent customer service and leaves customers smiling; Strives to affect others positively.
- Work Standards - Consistently establishes work processes to achieve a high level of productivity and superior results; Overcomes obstacles to finish the assignment; Accepts responsibility for all outcomes of one's work; Recognizes shortcomings and works to overcome and improve; Learns from failures but is not deterred by them.
- Managing Work - Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; effectively manages time; Ability to multitask.
- Initiating Action - Acts proactively to solve problems even if they may not be directly their own; Develops new ideas and solutions without prompting; does not wait for direction; Identifies solutions proactively; Exceed job requirements.
- Decision Making - Able to operate in an autonomous environment; works well under pressure; Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; Comfortable with asking for help; Uses logic to think through decisions; Consistently attempts solving problems/making decisions prior to seeking help.
- Collaboration - Works effectively in a team; Facilitates mutually beneficial relationships; Strives to achieve team goals; Able to put personal differences aside for the benefit of the team; Proactively offers to help.
- Building Trust - Dedicated to honesty; Hold to commitments; Earns the trust of others both internally and externally. Gives respect and compassion.
- Adaptability - Views changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; Has a positive attitude and overcomes challenges; Flexible and able to quickly and effectively modify to cope with work environment changes; Alters ineffective behaviors accordingly.
- Information Technology Fluency - Comfortable with most basic productivity hardware and software; Basic ability to manipulate, store, delete, copy, and move digital files; Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Experience of an Ideal Candidate:
In addition to the above, all candidates must meet the below minimum requirements:
- College Degree
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience with Project Cargo
- At least three years of relevant professional experience working in a customs brokerage or compliance manager department
It is preferred, but not required, that candidates have the following:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with Project Cargo
- Related professional experience working with CargoWise system
- Salary based upon experience
- Potential for Performance Bonus
- Potential for Commission
- Annual Corporate Sponsored 401k Contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Savings Plan (Traditional & Roth Plans)
- Health Insurance - employee and dependents PPO & HMO offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield (Majority Funded by Employer)
- Dental Insurance - employee and dependents (Majority Funded by Employer)
- Vision Insurance - employee and dependents (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Short-term Disability Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Long-term Disability Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Group Life Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Various Additional Perks & Benefits
For company information please visit us at www.clutchgl.com