Ocean Export Specialist (FCL & LCL)
Operations - Export - Hinsdale, Illinois
Job Type: Full-Time (No Travel Required)
Company: Clutch Global Logistics, Inc.
Work Location: 2625 Butterfield Road Suite 203N Oak Brook, IL 60523
Basic Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the below functions.
- Design solutions for customer issues and challenges.
- Develop solutions to meet the needs of prospect RFP's and RFQ's.
- Provide lane rates and spot quotes for current customer requests and prospective client requests in support of the business development team.
- Strategically select carriers, routings, and schedules to meet custom needs..
- Process and handle shipments from booking through to delivery.
- Coordinate FCL/LCL pickups for bookings.
- Track and trace shipment progress.
- Compliantly transmit AES/SED export customs clearances.
- Complete all costing and rating for billing purposes before submitting to the revenue collection department.
- Coordinate with overseas agents to quote and handle deliveries on shipments to door (DAP/DDP).
Possible responsibilities of more experienced applicants may include the below.
- Participate in FCL/LCL contract negotiations with carriers
- Develop pricing strategies and manage the company's FCL/LCL carrier portfolio.
- Serve as the company's subject matter expert on Export FCL/LCL for operations, sales, and customers.
- Stay up-to-date on major trade lane information associated with your role.
General Traits Needed for Success:
The ideal candidate will possess and display the below attributes.
- Positive Attitude - Maintains a good outlook toward work, coworkers, and customers; Displays excellent customer service and leaves customers smiling; Strives to affect others positively.
- Work Standards - Consistently establishes work processes to achieve a high level of productivity and superior results; Overcomes obstacles to finish the assignment; Accepts responsibility for all outcomes of one's work; Recognizes shortcomings and works to overcome and improve; Learns from failures but is not deterred by them.
- Managing Work - Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; effectively manages time; Ability to multitask.
- Initiating Action - Acts proactively to solve problems even if they may not be directly their own; Develops new ideas and solutions without prompting; does not wait for direction; Identifies solutions proactively; Exceed job requirements.
- Decision Making - Able to operate in an autonomous environment; works well under pressure; Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; Comfortable with asking for help; Uses logic to think through decisions; Consistently attempts solving problems/making decisions prior to seeking help.
- Collaboration - Works effectively in a team; Facilitates mutually beneficial relationships; Strives to achieve team goals; Able to put personal differences aside for the benefit of the team; Proactively offers to help.
- Building Trust - Dedicated to honesty; Hold to commitments; Earns the trust of others both internally and externally. Gives respect and compassion.
- Adaptability - Views changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; Has a positive attitude and overcomes challenges; Flexible and able to quickly and effectively modify to cope with work environment changes; Alters ineffective behaviors accordingly.
- Information Technology Fluency - Comfortable with most basic productivity hardware and software; Basic ability to manipulate, store, delete, copy, and move digital files; Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Experience of an Ideal Candidate:
In addition to the above, all candidates must meet the below minimum requirements:
- Bachelors Degree
- More than 2 years experience working in an export FCL or LCL role
- Experience working with drayage carriers
It is preferred, but not required, that candidates have the following
- Related professional experience working with CargoWise system
- Experience with Letters of Credit
- Experience with Project Cargo
- Potential for Individual Performance Bonus
- Potential for Team Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Savings Plan (Traditional & Roth Plans)
- Annual Corporate Sponsored 401k Contributions
- Health Insurance - employee and dependents PPO & HMO offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield (Majority Funded by Employer)
- Dental Insurance - employee and dependents (Majority Funded by Employer)
- Vision Insurance - employee and dependents (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Group Life Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Various Additional Perks & Benefits
For company information please visit us at www.clutchgl.com